On the last day of last year, or the first day of the first week of this year if you prefer, I received an email from the Almighty Coordinator in Settle containing my Route Sheet and the comments of the honourable Vetters Les & Issy Silkowski. There was work to be done.
I'd made some unexplainable typo's, forgot some FWA's, planned a lot of looooong days and my route contained several dangerous spots, not to mention the sheer madness of planning 45 Munros.
I didn't call it "Rising the 45" for nothing , did I ?
Actually Les & Issy gave me some sound advice and some good tips and I know I'll have to improvise in May due to weather- and groundconditions (my physical condition will be topnotch).
I've made some re-calculations, improvements and added a FWA here and there and send it in this afternoon. Let's hope it gets the Vetters' approval this time
Monday 28 September 2026 - The Steel Cotton Rail Trail Stage 4 - Edale to
Chinley
-
We had chosen a lovely late summer's day for this brilliant walk in the
Peak District. Trains were on time, and as it was a fairly short day's
walk, we ...
1 dag geleden

Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten