vrijdag 31 augustus 2012

A beautifull summer. Really !



 
While it's raining cats and dogs, goldfish, rabbits, horses and even some elephants outside some will say it's been a bad summer. Sun lovers mostly. I don't agree. It has been wet while working and that doesn't count for me. Selfish, I know. While not working it has rained also but there's a major advantage : a lot of people stay inside so I've got the forest (almost) all for myself. Selfish again, I know. Last sunday me and the family went for a walk on the Veluwe. During the 65km drive it rained. Within 10 minutes from getting out of the car it stopped raining and the sun started shining. Lucky me.
The Zandenbos south of Nunspeet has a big advantage : dogs are allowed to walk freely. 
Or do some mudwrestling like our Tasmanian Muddevil.



He takes home several kilo's of sand but at least he's having fun. I was able to resist the mud - the wife wouldn't appreciate me joining the dog - but had fun nevertheless.
 
After an hour and a half we arrived at a little lochan. The sky was getting dark and we were just in time to put on our raincoats. The downpour lasted for five whole minutes during which five people huddled together underneath one umbrella. That's how I was able to take this picture without ruining the camera.
Tomorrow it's the first day of the meteorological autumn. Am I being selfish when wishing for changeable weather ? I don't see myself as 'ard but at least it keeps away the softies.

Geen opmerkingen: