zaterdag 19 februari 2011

Naarden-Vesting

We walked to the market in Naarden-Vesting today. The wind was cold today and the walking wasn't easy because I'm recovering from a severe flu-like cold. Naarden-Vesting is an old fortified city in the centre of Holland. It has a double ring of canals and lots of forts and fortified walls. You can read more about its history here . 
The inner canal panorama
Restoration is an ongoing proces for years and years now and earthworks and maconary is slowly brought back to its original state.
The former housing of the garrison

Down a cul-du-sac I saw this old tractor, a photographers jem.
I'll return on a nice sunny day in the spring and show you some more pictures of Naarden.

5 opmerkingen:

Alan Sloman zei

What a fascinating looking place! I shall look forward to seeing more.
Cheers Theo
Alan

Theo zei

Alan,
did you get a viruswarning after clicking on an image ? I use IE and got a warning not to proceed because 4.bp.blogger.com (where the images are hosted) has been reported to contain a virus. I checked the bloggercommunity and more IE users seem to receive this warning. Other browsers seem clear of problems, so does the 2.bp.blogger imagehost.
Theo

Alan Sloman zei

Hi Theo - No, no warning but then I use Chrome as a browser.
Hope it gets sorted out!

Theo zei

Hi Alan,
thanks. I too hope it gets sorted quickly. Don't want to scare the customers, do we ?

Theo

Theo zei

Well, it seems sorted. No warnings anymore. I think someone from Google pulled a string at MS.

Theo